Friday 5 November 2010

Mood Boards

For my project during Study week I had a project where I had to watch 2 films and then create a mood board on them (all the colours used in that film). This one was my most favourite of the projects so far and was very excited about it (so much so I completed it within 1 day of getting it). The films I chose were 'Alien' and 'Ice Age'. I chose these not only because I could easily get hold of them but I also enjoy watching them. I used magazines to get my colours..this was a challenge finding the right shades but fun non the less! These are my mood boards..

This one was 'Alien', although the cover for the DVD was mainly Green and Black the actual film was Black and Dark Blues. It had a little bit of Green and some Bright white. Other than that the rest was dark greys.

This one was 'Ice Ages', this film was mainly whites and light icy blues. It had the ocasional purples and tans but other than that there were the lovely shades of brown from the animals. I found it quite interesting actaully because the background was mainly blues but it was contrasted by the animals as their fur was either a reddy brown or a yellowy brown. You can tell that it is a film aimed at children as the 3 main primary colours are used!

I was very happy with the outcome of my moodboards, I feel they work really well and are true to the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment