Thursday 17 March 2011

Mixed Media - Sound Colour and Weight .Two.

From doing the dope sheet I decided that I would dedicate a specific shape/movement to each sound, then put them all together and see what I get. From deciding this I then came up with a couple of idea for each sound...


This one is for the guitar, basically lines waving about to the strumming




These three are for the horse sound..or as I like to say 'popping'




These three are for the rice shaker...I got the idea from my mark making experiments



And these two are for the clicking. 

I then decided to choose one from each, think about which would be more visually exciting and how they would work with the other sound visuals. 
In the end I decided not to have one for the guitar as I felt that it may be too much. I chose the third option for the popping..the one with the blobs going up and down across the screen. 
For the rice shaker I chose the third one also, as I feel that it was more 'scattered' like I picture the rice shaker sound in my head, though I did like the second one too, but felt that it would be a good effect for the type of sound. And then for the clicking I chose the first one as it not only used up the whole space better but also the space that would be left after having the popping and rice shaker visuals. 

I decided that the best way to do it was to draw out the each frame for each individual sound on paper, paint it with watercolour and then scan them into the computer. From there I would edit them together and time them to the music. Here are a couple of frames from each of the sound visuals before I edited them..

 The Popping






The Rice Shaker




The Clicking





I wanted the popping to stand out the most so I made it 
red and then I chose green for the clicking because it would compliment the red, and then the blue because of how close it is to green in the colour wheel, helping the red stand out even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment