Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Drawing Room

On the 5th October I had m first drawing session in the drawing room. We had to try and draw each other without lifting our pens off of the paper...was quite tricky! I don't think I managed to not take my pen of off the paper but I managed to make some nice line drawings. Here is what I did...

This was my very first one of one of the lads. I did this without looking at the page, I was quite amused when I saw it for the first time!

These two drawings are of the same girl. I drew her twice as I wasn't happy with the first one, for example her nose is way too big. I am happier with the second one as it looks more like her (except the wonky eyes, angler cheek and funny nose..but I feel it makes it quite quirky!).

These are of two different boys..Bas is on the left (he comes from Holland) and James on the right. With these I looked at and observed them more. Both of these boys were interesting to draw as both have very distinctive features.

These two aren't so good...they were less observed as you can most probably see. Both characters noses are wayyy to big! They are both very simple.

I love the drawing of the boy on the left, this one came out very well and the use of my line was effective when showing the creases and folds in his hat. The man on the right is good but his head needs extending a bit at the back other than that I'm pleased with it.

Next I went onto drawing stuffed birds that were in the room. I really enjoyed this exercise. they were alot easier to draw as they didn't move! However the different shapes were quite challenging.





These next three drawings are my favourite out of all of the birds. I loved the level of detail in the actual bird and so tried to reflect it in my drawings, I feel I did this effectively. These ones are alot more pleasing to view. And going back to the weeks project I turned the bird to get a couple of different angles of it.


Feedback from my tutor was to include the surrounding into my drawing and not just the object I am drawing. So next time I do a drawing I will also try to include it's environment! Overall I was pleased with this drawing session and can't wait for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment