Friday 6 May 2011

3D Stop Motion Part Six

  Time to Animate!!!

It took aggeeesss to make and now it was time to animate (this is the part where I get really excited!!!). 
To start with we had to animate the scenes that didn't have the rabbits in as they weren't finished (this was very frustrating) Unfortunately I didn't get to do as much animating as I would have liked to because a lot of it was done on the day I had to go home but I am satisfied that I did enough to get my hands into it and have a good mouthful to taste it. 
I animated the bit where the girl is running towards the stage, the girl opening the door to enter the theatre and where the girl was pushed in to the hat by the magician. I had a lot of fun doing this...the most fun was making the girl run, at one point it looks like she is tripping over her dress! I loved using the magnets..it made it so easy to animate and was a bit of a battle to get them to move (they were so strong!) but it was worth it. The little girl puppet was a pleasure to work with. When animation he being pushed into the hat we didn't actually push her into the hat but rather sat the hat forward and put her behind. I was a job to stop the hair from being seen either side of the hat but we managed it!...Just!

Stuart was put in charge of editing the film over the easter and he did a grand job! 




Overall I am very happy with the animation, it came out well. The lighting sets the mood really well, we used a number of camera angles to give it a bit of diversity and the sound edited in is great, it brings all of the movements together and makes it pop! All of that hard work was definitely worth it.
if I was to do it again, I would plan it all better, although a lot of our time was spent waiting for handy man Dave to help us or to be able to get some materials out of the cupboard. 
I would love to do another stop motion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment