Friday 20 January 2012

Design For Society: My Final Piece?

I've managed to animate all of my text and images for the first storyboard and put it all together to create the final animatic...or at least I hope! (You never know if a good suggestion will come along) After doing so I have decided that one animatic is quite enough and the second one would be a lot of work, although  a lot of the first one is in the second one. Saying that, if I find the time I may just do it, all depending on how well I get on with the other briefs! Anyway, here is the animatic..




I created the soundtrack myself on a programme called 'Magix Music Maker', through the soundtrack I wanted to give a feeling of importance, as the message was important and I wanted to give it a decent pace to it to represent the time, and that time is running out until this is all put into play. Not being too good with music and creating anything musical at all I feel that I did well. When creating the soundtrack I wanted to keep it as simple as possible but also wanted parts to change and give off a different vibe at different parts of the animatic, for example when the low energy light bulbs were introduced I wanted it to become more upbeat as this needed to be seen and felt positively, I also wanted it to change when the bag was pulled up with the message about not throwing them away in the bin because this was a serious message so made the sound simpler. 

I am not too sure about how the text is animated, still. I feel that it may be a little too much and may be better just fading in. But then again that may just be because its not smoothly animated, as after all it is just a 'rough' animatic, and animatics are 'rough' versions of animations, to give you a feel and sense of timing, movement etc of what the finished animation should feel like. That was a bit of a battle for me, trying not to make it too much like a finished piece, which in some senses it does. I feel that may be I put in to much movement....too smoother movement. If compared to the animatics I studied and looked at earlier on in the project then I would definitely say that to be true.

However, overall I am very pleased with the outcome of my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment