Thursday 5 January 2012

Design for Society: Text Animation

So I decided to look on you tube for some text animation inspiration as my attempts were pretty dull and boring. Here are some I came across...











All of these have audio to them, which means that the words don't have to be up long enough for the viewer to read them. Which ultimately means that they have that margin to be extra creative and imaginative.Seeing these has made me thing about whether I should actually use a voice over for my animatic. This is something I may try out. These typography animations also use different sized, colours and occasionally font texts. For now I think I'm going to keep my text the same size and font. Most also twist and turn their texts, again although I found this rally effective I'm still going to stick to keeping my text the same way up. 

So my next steps are going to be to record a voice over to my animatic and animate to it. Even if I don't end up using the voice over, hopefully I would have gained another dimension to my animation of text from it using the different tones in the voice and the pauses etc!..

No comments:

Post a Comment