Thursday 5 January 2012

Design For Society: Text Animation Experiments


I decided to try out some different ways of animating the text to appear on the screen. So I took the very first frame from my storyboard and had a play...


This first one was very simple, I made it so that it looked like someone was typing it onto the screen. However I don't feel that it fits in with the style or theme of the animatic.


With this one I wanted to make it look like you was zooming out from the text, this wasn't very smooth and I feel that it would be a bit much if it was to be used for all of the text throughout the animatic. It also meant that I had to start with the screen the colour of the text and I think I would therefore have to rethink the transitions between frames. 


I liked this one much better, it's very simple, the text simply pops up into view without having to move very far. However I feel that the text needs to have an impact, especially with the message it is putting across and I feel that it comes up a little too slowly and leisurely.


This one is pretty much the same as the last but going across. I think I need to do some research on text animation and see if it can jog my imagination a bit better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment