Sunday 23 January 2011

Anticipation

This is my first proper animation project! 



We have to make a drawn stop motion animation of at least 5 seconds (60 drawings) showing the anticipation of an action. We have a list of characters from different times and a list of different anticipations of different movements/actions. I chose a Roman gladiator sneezing. First I looked up a Roman gladiator to get a feel for what he should look like and made a couple of drawings from this. This is was I come up with...





And finally from the drawing I did from research I came up with my final character...


In the animation I ended up making it a little simpler like I took out the circles in the shield and on his belt and skirt and the detail on his helmet. I also didn't include the red. 

This is my final animation


I wasn't too happy with the sneeze as it should have been faster and the positioning with the heading when it tips back doesn't look 'real' or right. But I am happy with the anticipation. 
Overall I am very pleased with my effort for my first animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment