Monday 24 January 2011

Character Development

"Select a character in period costumes that can be from your earlier assignments. You are required to develop drawing and knowledge of animation principles over three A3 sheets to express the characters personality in still images."

For this project I have to produce a written profile to establish the characters personality, do a series of studies that show a variety of expression and produce a turnaround of the character by rotating it 90 degrees at a time from front to back. 

So I started of by doing some research into different time periods ..from Mesopotamia (3500-559 BC) right the way through to the nineties! I ended up looked at the 'Space Age' in the 1960's...particularly around when the first man landed on the moon. This gave me an idea for an American astronaut in the 60's. i then did a few sketches of astronauts that I found on google images..





From these I came up with this character...


I will add the rest of my work on here soon (character profile, turnaround and emotion sheet)



No comments:

Post a Comment