Sunday 23 January 2011

Materials

For this brief I had to produce an animated sequence demonstrating the principles of animation and use of character in relation to the physical properties of materials.

I had to choose one object/material from a list and work in a team with the other 2 animators - each person had to choose something different. One of my team members chose a bucket of water and the other a lump of clay. I wasn't too sure what I was going to choose and got a bit stuck...

"Rather like the game of rock paper scissors, consider what would happen when one object/material meets another. Devise a short scenario for your object meeting another persons object. Animate the sequence. Don't worry about scale. For this assignment Blackpool tower can be the same height as a milk bottle. think about the actual materials involved and how they would affect each other. Your group should aim to produce a continuous piece of animation with each persons object animating to the next persons. As one object disappears another takes it place."

Each person should animate at least 5 seconds.

Still not knowing what object I was going to do I experimented...i took a few object from the list and played around with them, seeing how I could manipulate them and make them move to give them a character and to portray different emotions. These are some sketches I came up with...












In the end I decided to do the steel girder..


This is my part of the animation...




At the beginning of the project it was hard to get going as no one in the group knew exactly what we needed to do. However after a while and after being shown some examples we were fine. There were some communication problems as we had all gone home for christmas. My animation was last and so was the last one to do my part and didn't have very long to do it.
Despite that I managed to finish it and overall was quite happy with it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment