Monday 12 December 2011

Design For Society: Storyboard


This is my improvement of the second storyboard, the contents are the same but I have tweaked the look of it. Here it is...






As you can see, I have simplified the bulbs using my tablet and Macromedia Fireworks. I am very happy with the look of these and feel that they are very effective! It gives it a lot fresher and cleaner look. 









And I have redone the Mercury writing, I used the same text as the rest as the storyboard as a basis and then added on drops. I kept it all one colour and flat, this way, just like the light bulbs it makes it simple but at the same time effective with clean lines and shapes, making it not too fussy to look at. 




For the broken glass I used the image that I used in the storyboard before but I went over it with paint to flatten the colours and make it bolder. I am also very happy with this. 


I've kept the door the same but I'm not too sure that it fits in very well with the rest of the storyboard as this is now the only real photo in it. 






Again, like the smashed glass, I've used the glove images from the storyboard before and painted over the majority of them, leaving an outline to make it a flat image and simpler. I feel that this is a definite improvement, it makes them better to be used in the background. 




Again I took the broom and painted over it and slightly changed the colours. I'm not sure if I'm settled on these particular colours and may experiment with that a bit more. 




And again for the hoover, I painted over this too. Again I may change the colour.






And for the plastic bag I painted over this too but changed the transparency so that you could still see the highlights of the plastics to give it texture and to be able to see the letters falling into the bag. 



This was my first change to the zip (with the black) but then I accidentally painted the green underneath the white rectangles that makes up the zip and quite liked it as I felt it was more effective and as ever, simpler! And so it stuck!















Overall I'm very pleased with this. There are a few things that need to be thought about and changed, like the door but hopefully I will be able to find a solution. I'm now going to try to do the same thing with the first storyboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment