Wednesday 2 November 2011

3D Tutorial November 1st October 2011

Yet Another 3D Tutorial in Maya!

In this tutorial we learnt how to use curves to create a 3d object, how to paint on an object, add hair to it and do a simple key frame animation.

This first one was using the curve tool to create a 'S' 



And then we created a circle and put it at the end of the 'S', highlighted the circle and 'S' and then extruded it and this was the result...


A 3D S! (sounds like I'm referring to the the Nintendo 3DS, I assure you I'm not!) 


Then we used the curve tool again in the front view and drew on half of the grid what we thought would be a shape of a vase


From that we then made a 3D vase!


Next we went onto making a simple face from a sphere by simply painting the face onn



We then added hair onto it! 

Unfortunately time was running out and so our tutor went through how to do a simple key frame animation of the head bouncing into and then out of the screen quickly, and so I have no screen shots of that you show. 

Overall I felt that this was the most successful tutorial in 3D yet and I really enjoyed it! Bring on the next one!







No comments:

Post a Comment