Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Message - Character Behaviour 2nd November

Moving Onwards - Storyboard and Character Development

Today I have come up with the final character design and final story board! (Atleast I think so for now!)





And so this is my storyboard (still needs to be rendered)...


Silence except from the birdsong, the birdsong remains through out



The farmer pops up from behind the wall and puts the rock onto the wall



"Oh hello there! With the sheep work up to date the early winter is the time to try to catch up on fencing and a few odd pieces of stone walling. 
It's a job that makes me feel in touch with generations past who worked the land at Borough Farm"



"On one occasion whilst widening a gateway, I found a glass bottle of creosote embedded in the earth in the middle of the wall."






"Creosote was a cure for foot rot in sheep used long before antibiotic treatments were available."



"And was probably left by a shepherd at that very spot."



"Looking at the miles of stones walls that weave through the farm, it's obvious that my forebears had rather more skill at walling than I do."


"I also suspect that they had rather more time, indeed it must have been life times of work to create the walls to divide the fields.
It'll probably take me a couple of days to finish my little repairs.
And when I stand back to look at my work afterwards... "



...provided that I don't study it too hard, it should blend in well with those experts of long ago."



"Right, I best get on!"
Farmer picks up another rock



He then puts the rock onto the wall



Scratches his head and bends over to pick up another rock...image fades out.



Overall I'm very happy with this storyboard. The character interacts with his environment and because he's in front of the camera a lot I can really get into his behaviour and personality! I'm really looking forward to making this animation now. 

Next I did some of the farmers character turnaround..




Overall I'm very happy with the turnaround. I feel that this is my best character turnaround yet!...Most probably because I've really got into my characters personality because of the diary entry I am using and because I really enjoyed creating him! The next thing I'm going to do is a character sheet of different expressions and poses, create a mood board for the animation and then do all of the render work!




No comments:

Post a Comment