Friday 4 November 2011

3D Tutorial - Wine Glass


This wasn't a tutorial from my tutor but from youtube! This is what I did..

First I imported an image and used the curve tool to trace round one half of the image.

I then deleted the image to be left with what I drew with the curve tool

I then revolved it which made my wine glass! (just like in the other tutorial where we made a vase)

This is my glass in smooth shade

Next I wanted to make my glass look real... So I changed my wine glass from nurbs to polygons. The green one is the new polygon wine glass. And then I deleted the other one.

I used the 'Phong' render, made the colour white and the transparency high so that it became see through. I then added some lighting to it. And the black screen to the right it what it looked like when rendered. I wasn't very happy with this as you can't see the glass apart from where the light is hitting it- you can barely make out what it is. I couldn't work out how to change the black background as I think this is part of the problem. Something I'll investigate further...maybe ask my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment