Tuesday 8 November 2011

The Message - Walk Cycles

8th November 2011

Again I decided to do a walk cycle for my third character from my summer brief - the little girl. I took the same approach as the walk cycle I did for the man. This is the character...



I started of with the video and print screened key frames, then drew over them. I chose the video of my walking with small steps. 


This time I drew in the feet too. Then deleted the images, drew in the inbetweens and centred them...


I tested these frames to make sure it looked right with a test video..



I was happy with this so I then printed them out and drew the character over them, this is the final video..




Overall I am pleased with this, the characters feet go funny and make it look like she's dancing. I didn't feel the need to change it as I felt it was right for her personality that she should dancing along. I feel that her head/ body are a bit rigid and so if I was to do it again I would have a look at how I could change that, maybe make the hair bounce.


No comments:

Post a Comment