Monday 23 April 2012

Creative Futures Two: 11 Second Character Animation Competition


These are the characters I created!..


This is my first rough sketch of Mrs Crawley, an enthusiastic newly married young lady.



This is the old Lady, uptight and proper.




And above and below are my neater digital line drawn characters, worked from the rough skteches



And both characters in the backgrounds. 


I'm really happy with these characters and I feel they suit their roles well. I've loosely based Mrs Crawley on myself for reasons expressed in my previous post about this project. 

And this is the final animation..



I've kept the older lady quite stiff to show that she's uptight. I'm happy with the lip sync but I think it could be slightly tighter and made more fluid if I worked at it a bit more, and I'm happy with Mrs Crawleys reaction at the end. Overall I feel that it's a good attempt. 

I've enjoyed doing the 11 second competition and will be sure to do more! This one was a little rushed as I only found it half way through the time allowed for the competition so hopefully my next will be better! And hopefully I'll gain some useful feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment