Tuesday 17 April 2012

Emotional Ties: The Hunter Walk Cycle


This post displays the various stages I went through to create the hunters walk cycle!
I started with placing the hunter in the main positions ..


And then created all of the frames in between. From that I then created a video of the hunter walking on the spot..


I was happy with this and so the next step was to put him on the background of the forest that I had created. So First I made sure that everything looked right with his walk cycle having had to resize the character and reposition him onto the background for each frame.


I then removed the guide lines and added more frames to the walk cycle to make it longer enough for the final animation. 


Next I made the background move from right to left to make it look like the hunter was walking through the forest. This also meant that I had to extent the background. This is a section..



And the walk cycle..


And then finally I changed the hunters transparency and made the forest turn darker when Rob says about the day turning into night...




Overall I'm very happy with this walk cycle. I feel that the hunter looks good and stands out against the background. I'm very pleased with the movement, especially the rolling of the background with the timing of the hunters walk. If I was to do it again I would focus more on the background, having the trees further away not move as much as the trees closest to the hunter as this would make it more realistic. I would also make the hunter look like he was searching more rather than just walking, maybe have it weaving in and out of trees, ducking and diving etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment