Saturday 29 October 2011

Design For Society - Animatics

Animatics Research

As I wasn't sure as to what an animatic entailed and involved I looked it up on you tube. I watched a number of videos, all very different, some smoother than others and some more professional. These are the videos I watched...

"Joust"
The action in this was very smooth for an animatic, the images went well with the different sounds. I thought that it was well timed.


"The Gorillaz- Dirty Harry"
This is a well known music video, its nice to see how the animatic was done by a professional, where as with "Joust" I'm not too sure how professional the person did it is and whether they did it the proper way...or if there even is a 'proper' way of doing it. This video was much jumpier than the first but it still gave you the feel of what the animation would be like and how the image is going to go with the music. 


"Dustfort" 
I found this one quite confusing and not very easy to follow. But it still gave me an idea as to how to make an animatic.


"Pompons et Crepage de Chignon"
This animatic was the loosest of all of them and found it quite exciting to watch. The pace was good and it certainly put across how the final film would feel well. 


Now I have had a look at different animatics and got a feel for what an animatic actually is I feel more confident about making my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment