Friday 28 October 2011

Maya Tutorial 25th October 2011

Textures

For this tutorial we learnt how to give objects (in this case a sphere) a texture. 

The first one we created was a smooth shiny texture that was blue...



And the second one was where we made the texture all lumpy to try and make it look like an orange. Mine is too lumpy and so needed to soften the bumps more.




And for the third we opened up photoshop and did a quick paint job of camouflage, opened it up in maya and made it the texture. 



I found this lesson interesting, but I had a few problems  with all the windows, at one point one of the window maximised and wouldn't let me restore it back down. And so I lost track of what the tutor was saying. I think once I do it a few times I'll remember, it's just getting to know all of the buttons and lists etc first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment