Saturday 8 October 2011

The Message

Character Behaviour

This is my third and final brief for this semester!

I am required to crate a character and then express its personality through animation. The broad theme of 'the message' is linked to function (i.e persuasion, story telling, information and education), that conveys meanings that emerge from your character's behaviour and the inter -relationship between what is being communicated and audience perception. 

My character will developed through character sheets and drawn storyboards. I can use an technique of computer animation 2D or 3D. My film should express the essential personality traits-behaviour, appearance and interaction of my character with the surrounding environment. 

My work will consist of two parts; the creation and the subsequent animation of my character. 


Creation
  • Storyboards
  • Character Sheets showing the process of character development
  • traditional art and design supporting studies of life drawing
  • Animation of walks


Computer Animation
  • Between 60 and 20 seconds long
  • Conveys a message derived from my characters behaviour



So my first thought was to make/create a character! I thought about ordinary inanimate objects and making them into a character. I felt that this may be more interesting than just doing a human or animal.  This is my thought process..














I have decided not to do meat and animals as it's more characters that I'll have to design and so am going to stick with agriculture. I found a really good website that not only tells you step by step what happens when producing each product but have images too..which is vital. This website is www.ukagriculture.com


Lettuces

1. Preparation
2. Propagation
3. Planting
4. Establishing
5. Growth
6. Maturity
7. Harvest 
8. Produce



Winter Wheat

  1. September- Ploughing
  2. October- Sow the seed , late October young crop
  3. November- Application of herbicide to stop weeds
  4. December - Established crop
  5. January- Snow cover protects plants from cold winds. Snow is a good insulator!
  6. February- Modest Growth
  7. March - The plants are beginning to tiller. Tillering is where new shoots emerge from the base of the plant thickening the crop. Tillering is something that is common to grasses and allows the plant to take advantage of space around it. Fertiliser is spread
  8. April - Into the light, the crop now has good coverage of the ground. A tramline clearly visible, note the dark blue green colour of wheat at this time of year.
  9. May - A fertiliser application of nitrogen. The first fungicide application protects the plants at a critical stage whilst flowering.
  10. June- Emerging ears, the crop is growing fast.A fungicide is applied to protect the crop against disease. The wild flowers are part of a conservation margin illustrating its integration into a conventional farming system.
  11. July- A dense crop of wheat with hand for scale.
  12. August - Winter wheat ready for harvest
  13. The crop is then stored, transported and processed into the products we know.

I have decided to do Winter Wheat because of the amount of information I have and from looking at the images on the website it will be quite visually exciting and that is very important.  No all I need to do is collect together some more images, do some drawings, and do a rough first draft of  a storyboard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment