Monday 24 October 2011

Life Drawing Session Three

Thursday 20th October

The first half of the life drawing session was a review of our first walk cycle. In the second half we did long drawings as we didn't have the tutor there to direct the life model as she was reviewing the other half of the classes cycles. It was nice to have time to look at the figure for longer and look at shadows etc on the body- something that we don't manage to include when doing quick sketches. These are my drawings

I did this one quite quickly, but wasn't happy that the feet were cut off

I spent quite a long time on this one, I was happy that I managed to fit the feet in this time.  I am very happy with the outcome of this one.

I did this one in a shorter amount of time that the others. his left arm is too small and body and legs are generally too short and too wide for the proportions of his body!

The body of the life model is much better proportion wise in this one but the left arm still isn't right, and his head is too far over and too big!



Overall I'm pleased with the outcome of the drawings, although I do feel that I gain more from doing quick sketches rather than spending a while on one image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment