Sunday 9 October 2011

The Message

Walk Cycles and Walking with Meaning

I've done another walk cycle, based from my book 'The Animators Survival kit'. This time the character is walking forwards on the spot. Again Richard Williams has added a few 'unrealistic'element to this walk. This is what it turned out like..




I wasn't too sure about it to start with, I thought it was too fast and too unrealistic but the more I watched it the more I liked it. Yes its not as realistic as a normal walk you or I would do but its very visually interesting, and I would say that its more of a strut than a walk..which does give the character some personality. 

Here is an example of an 'unrealistic' element:

The right leg is pointing in the wrong direction! In this one the arm movements are pretty simple and realistic unlike the last walk cycle I did of the angry walk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment